2nd Shift Diesel Mechanic
Company: Gordon Food Service
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Welcome to Gordon Food Service! We are excited that you are
thinking about opportunities with us, and we have an amazing story
to share. See below for a quick glance of who we are and the impact
you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our
table for you...
CDL A preferred
What's different about Gordon Food Service Fleet Shops?
- Extensive onboarding and continuous training to keep your
skills up to date
- Hourly rates - no flat rates - we pay you for the time it takes
to complete the job with quality
- Lifts - no pits for your safety
- Pipe over fill stations - no rolling carts and messy
- Clean organized parts room - efficient, saving you time
- We provide the heavier, specialty tools - you bring the
- Collaborative team environment
- Opportunities to grow your future within our company
Location: 10901 38th Street, Kenosha WI 53144
- Pay: Our Apprentice, Skilled, Certified and Master technicians
are paid based on experience ranging from $22.16 - $28.45 along
with a $1.50 incentive. Also there is a $1.00 shift differential
for both 2nd and 3rd shift.
- Hours: Sunday - Thursday 2pm - 10:30pm
- Guaranteed minimum of 40 hrs/week NO FLAT RATES
- $1000/yr tool allowance
- $100/yr boot allowance
- Quarterly Safety Bonus
- Generous Profit Sharing Plan
- 401k with match up to 4%
- You must be 18 years of age or older (required)
- Valid, unrestricted state-issued driver's license
- Diesel tractor trailer experience preferred
- Ability to communicate in English (required) - writing,
speaking, and reading
- Physical requirements include lifting up to 100 pounds
- Inspects, maintains and repairs Diesel engines, Gas Engines,
refrigeration units, and all systems/components related to heavy
duty tractors, trailers, and refrigeration units.
- Performs and interprets diagnostic testing to determine
malfunctions on all equipment types.
- Performs daily inspection and preventative maintenance of
equipment and follow-up on driver's write-ups to make repairs as
- Performs general cutting and welding as necessary.
- Makes road calls to repair equipment as necessary.
- Assists in repair of shop equipment including garage doors and
all power tools.
- Determines if rolling stock is safe to operate or needs to be
- Completes all reporting accurately and in a timely manner and
communicates status of current assignment to management.
- Maintains a clean and organized work environment.
- Operates all equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Drives vehicles and moves equipment in, out, and around the
- Delivers and/or picks up techs at vendors when equipment needs
- May be required to drive a company vehicle to another garage or
to meet another fleet technician for parts.
- Follows all safety protocols.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
BE PART OF AN AMAZING CULTURE WHERE WHAT MATTERS TO YOU, MATTERS TO
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their
success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate
our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate
who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of
support from their management if they are selected for the
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration
for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or
status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the
Law poster is available here:
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the
application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit
your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the words "Accommodation
Request" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is
reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free. Gordon Food
Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.
Keywords: Gordon Food Service, Racine , 2nd Shift Diesel Mechanic, Engineering , Racine, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!