Diesel Mechanic 2nd Shift
Posted on: January 18, 2023
Welcome to Gordon Food Service! We are excited that you are
thinking about opportunities with us, and we have an amazing story
to share. See below for a quick glance of who we are and the impact
you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our
table for you...CDL A preferredWhat's different about Gordon Food
Service Fleet Shops?
- Extensive onboarding and continuous training to keep your
skills up to date
- Hourly rates - no flat rates - we pay you for the time it takes
to complete the job with quality
- Lifts - no pits for your safety
- Pipe over fill stations - no rolling carts and messy
- Clean organized parts room - efficient, saving you time
- We provide the heavier, specialty tools - you bring the
- Collaborative team environment
- Opportunities to grow your future within our companyLocation:
10901 38th Street, Kenosha WI 53144
- Pay: Our Apprentice, Skilled, Certified and Master technicians
are paid based on experience ranging from $22.16 - $28.45 along
with a $1.50 incentive. Also there is a $1.00 shift differential
for both 2nd and 3rd shift.
- Hours: Sunday - Thursday 2pm - 10:30pm
- Guaranteed minimum of 40 hrs/week NO FLAT RATES
- $1000/yr tool allowance
- $100/yr boot allowance
- Quarterly Safety Bonus
- Generous Profit Sharing Plan
- 401k with match up to 4%Minimum requirements:
- You must be 18 years of age or older (required)
- Valid, unrestricted state-issued driver's license
- Diesel tractor trailer experience preferred
- Ability to communicate in English (required) - writing,
speaking, and reading
- Physical requirements include lifting up to 100 poundsEssential
- Inspects, maintains and repairs Diesel engines, Gas Engines,
refrigeration units, and all systems/components related to heavy
duty tractors, trailers, and refrigeration units.
- Performs and interprets diagnostic testing to determine
malfunctions on all equipment types.
- Performs daily inspection and preventative maintenance of
equipment and follow-up on driver's write-ups to make repairs as
- Performs general cutting and welding as necessary.
- Makes road calls to repair equipment as necessary.
- Assists in repair of shop equipment including garage doors and
all power tools.
- Determines if rolling stock is safe to operate or needs to be
- Completes all reporting accurately and in a timely manner and
communicates status of current assignment to management.
- Maintains a clean and organized work environment.
- Operates all equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Drives vehicles and moves equipment in, out, and around the
- Delivers and/or picks up techs at vendors when equipment needs
- May be required to drive a company vehicle to another garage or
to meet another fleet technician for parts.
- Follows all safety protocols.
- Performs other duties as assigned.BE PART OF AN AMAZING CULTURE
WHERE WHAT MATTERS TO YOU, MATTERS TO US!Gordon Food Service values
our customers and understands that their success is largely
dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to
our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a
Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from
their management if they are selected for the interview
process.Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.All
qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for
employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a
qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the Law poster is
available here: If you require reasonable accommodation for any
part of the application or hiring process due to a disability,
please submit your request to email@example.com and use the words
"Accommodation Request" in your subject line. Please keep in mind
this method is reserved for individuals who require accommodation
due to a disability.All Gordon Food Service locations are
tobacco-free. Gordon Food Service is a drug-free workplace and drug
tests all employees.SDL2017
Keywords: Careerbuilder-US, Racine , Diesel Mechanic 2nd Shift, Engineering , Racine, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!