Diesel Mechanic- 1 yr EXP Req'd
Company: J.B. Hunt
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Under close supervision, this position is responsible for
performing basic maintenance, service, and repair of J.B. Hunt
tractors and other equipment. Technicians must be able to complete
all fleet maintenance processes and ensure that units meet J. B.
Hunt specifications at all times. This position has the possibility
to work outdoors, in the elements, or across multiple shifts
including nights and/or weekends in addition to overtime; it
requires full-time attendance.
Come join a team where family comes first and safety matters!
- $22 - $33/ hour
- $1,500 Sign-On bonus, $500 paid out at hire, $1000 paid out at
- $150 Yearly Boot Allowance
- 40 hours guaranteed
- Our Mt. Pleasant location has been 4 years accident free! Win a
- 401(k) matching
- Employee assistance program
- Vacation, Sick, & Personal time
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision
Be proud to come to work in a clean professional environment with
vast opportunities for growth and advancement!!
Applicants can be considered for I, II, or Sr. Diesel Tractor
Technician depending on verified years of experience and position
- Demonstrate proficient technical knowledge of preventative
maintenance, replacement of parts/components and more difficult
repairs as it pertains to tractor maintenance including but not
limited to the fuel system, battery, engine, drive train, onboard
computer, transmission, air brake systems and FHWA
- Accurately perform intermediate level repairs to company and
manufacturer's specifications, complete work orders, and
demonstrate understanding of company requirements forstandard
repair times (SRT) and warranty guidelines.
- Always maintain professional communication with JB Hunt
personnel and customers.
- Understand and effectively follow all shop safety
- Troubleshoot tractor issues; work independently and seek
assistance as needed.
- Participate in Original Equipment Manufacture training for OE
- May assist with the onboarding and mentoring of new Tractor
- 18 years of age
- 1 year of experience in Semi-Tractor maintenance and repair
and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and
- Willingness to work outdoors, in the elements, or across
multiple shifts including nights and/or weekends if needed.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- DOT certified in FHWA Inspections & Air Brakes.
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal)
- Ability to fulfill physical requirements (lift/move appliance
up to 50 pounds).
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to read documents and/or information in
- Ability to wear appropriate work attire (protective
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a
- Basic active listening skills.
- Basic computer skills and/or comfortable working with a
- Basic deductive reasoning skills.
- Basic organizational skills.
- Basic time management skills.
Keywords: J.B. Hunt, Racine , Diesel Mechanic- 1 yr EXP Req'd, Engineering , Racine, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!