Company: Badger Meter
Posted on: February 13, 2019
JOB TITLE: Mfg Engineer
Badger Meter is a LEADING INNOVATOR AND MARKET LEADER OF FLOW MEASUREMENT TECHNOLOGY. BADGER METER\'S MANUFACTURING ENGINEERS MANAGE, ANALYZE, INITIATE, AND CONTROL ALL PHASES OF PRODUCT LIFE, FROM PRODUCT AND PROCESS DEVELOPMENT THROUGH OBSOLESCENCE, TO MEET COST, QUALITY, TIMING, AND PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES WHILE COLLABORATING WITH SUPPLIERS (INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL) AND ALL FUNCTIONS OF THE BUSINESS.
Some of the main responsibilities include planning, coordinating and supervising the design and construction of a wide variety of equipment used in supporting manufacturing activities such as assembly, mechanical and electrical testing. The Manufacturing Engineer is expected to provide general production support to manufacturing, while remaining responsible for the following main accountabilities:
REQUIRED FOCUSED SKILLS INCLUDE:
* Support Manufacturing Operations in a timely manner by troubleshooting production issues and making necessary repairs
* Create procedures that support high quality processes and capable equipment
* Research and implement new technologies to support the company objectives of Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost reduction.
* Develop financial analysis and justification of new processes and equipment and initiate capital asset requests for such equipment
* Design and implementation of automation processes: robotics, ergonomics
* Implement Electrical Testing and Assembly processes, Improvement methodologies.
* Utilize project management methodologies, so that projects are completed on time and within established cost goals.
* Bachelor s Degree-Engineering capacity (Manufacturing Engineer Pref.)
* Able to lift 40 lbs., be hands-on in a shop environment.
* Minimum 3-5 years of experience in above listed skills.
* Experience with manufacturing capital project implementation
* Basic to intermediate computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Project.
* Basic skills in Assembly, Tool/Fixture Design, Automation, and Project Management
Helping protect the world s most precious resources, Badger Meter is a market leader in flow measurement technology with a long history of strong, stable growth. Badger Meter serves water utilities, municipalities, and commercial and industrial customers worldwide. Measuring water, oil, chemicals and other fluids, Badger Meter products are known for accuracy, long-lasting durability, and for providing valuable and timely measurement data. Just as Every Drop Counts to our customers, every employee counts to Badger Meter. This is an environment where your career can grow and flourish, and where you will make a difference. Click here if you want to grow with us: https://www.badgermeter.com/careers/
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Applicants can learn more about their rights regarding equal opportunity in employment by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster and the EEO is the Law poster supplement at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Badger Meter is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Keywords: Badger Meter, Racine , Mfg Engineer, Engineering , Racine, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!