Manager, Production/Machine shop
Company: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Manager, Production/Machine shop in Racine, Wisconsin - Careers
at Andis Company About Careers News Barber & Stylist - At Home -
Equine & Livestock - Groomer - Hotels - International - Home Andis
Company, 1800 Renaissance Blvd.,
Sturtevant WI 53177, USA
800.558.9441 --2011 - 2016 Andis Company . All Rights Reserved.
Manager, Production/Machine shop in Racine, Wisconsin - Careers at
Andis Company Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable
cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features
of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Welcome
page Welcome page Returning Candidate? Log back in! Manager,
Production/Machine shop Job ID 2021-1347 Category Management Type
Regular Full-Time Location US-WI-Racine Overview Oversees the
Machine Shop operations. Responsible for managing daily output to
meet company goals. Oversees Lean initiatives and seeks continuous
improvement in all areas of responsibility. Responsibilities
- Upholds Andis Core Values of Excellence, Integrity and Respect
in all work-related activities.
- Oversees three shifts of operation for Andis Machine Shop.
- Supports company safety initiatives.
- Interprets company policies to associates and enforces safety
- Establishes and monitors production and quality control
standards, regarding types, quantities, specifications, and
required inventory to meet production/sales goals of the
- Plans, directs and monitors production activities and
establishes production priorities for parts. Coordinates work-flow
through shifts. Confers with supervisors to coordinate activities
of individual departments.
- Supports activities associated with operating, maintaining and
improving complex automation, including robotics, CNC, Heat Treat
and metal pressing operations.
- Understands, implements, and adheres to Lean Principles of
manufacturing including supporting 6S, Standard Work, Rapid
Improvement Events and MDI.
- Coordinates production activities with procurement,
maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum
production and utilization of human resources, machines, and
- Coordinates with Planning to adhere to production schedules and
aligns staff and work schedules to meet the needs of customers.
Works with Planning to revise production schedules and priorities
as a result of equipment failure or operating problems. --
- Utilizes data to recommend measures to improve production
methods, equipment performance, and quality of product. Suggests
changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase
efficiency of shop, department, or associates. --
- Analyzes and resolves work problems and assists associates in
solving work problems utilizing A3 format when applicable. --
- Coordinates with union leadership to ensure a positive working
relationship and to mitigate any potential issues with the union
and its members that arise.
- Approves requisitions for materials, associates, equipment and
supplies needed for the department.-- --
- Responsible for supporting and maintaining security of assigned
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Manufacturing or related
field along with a minimum of five years of experience in a
machining leadership role and a demonstrated knowledge of lean
manufacturing principles. Experience in a union environment is a
plus. Preferred prior experience would include--in a high volume,
fast paced machine shop with the ability to develop and implement
create and implement systems and procedures as they relate to
process development and flow. Master's degree preferred.
- A team player with the ability to collaborate with cross
functional areas to build great product.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a very
dynamic environment - must have flexibility with an ability to
focus and prioritize.
- An individual with a strong ability to multi-task, prioritize,
and work to a timeline. Options Apply for this job online Apply
Share Email this job to a friend Refer Sorry the Share function is
not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and
try again later. Share on your newsfeed Loading... Application FAQs
Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, Racine , Manager, Production/Machine shop, Executive , Racine, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!