ASSOCIATE MANAGER, TOXICOLOGY
Company: SC Johnson
Posted on: May 16, 2022
SummaryThe Toxicology Associate Manager is responsible for
ensuring SCJ pest control products are safe to use by our consumers
as required by prescribed regulatory standards, and internal
corporate requirements.The primary roles of this position are (1)
to lead and conduct product safety assessments upon SCJ's global
portfolio of pest control products, (2) to ensure that SCJ
effectively and expediently identifies and manages changing
scientific information, regulatory requirements, and customer
demands related to product safety of such product types and (3) to
provide leadership related tothe prioritization and support of
critical emerging issues that carry potential to impact the SCJ
business.The role is responsible for interfacing with colleagues
across GSARA and within RD&E & Global and Regional Marketing to
support various project teams.Essential Duties And
- Deliver product fit for purpose risk assessments for human
health safety in support of our global Business categories -
specifically for pest control portfolio.
- Deliver product safety reviews for formulas, raw materials and
human testing in accordance with established procedures and ensure
timelines are met.
- Work constructively and proactively to resolve any issues
through collaborative problem solving with other regulatory &
product safety stakeholders.
- Ensure necessary product safety data requirements are available
and communicated to internal project management group.
- Lead the development of technical solutions for personal care
products, & options to mitigate potential risks, to RD&E
Project Teams and where appropriate escalate.
- Participate in applicable trade associations and communicate
any business-related items to appropriate safety, regulatory,
RD&E, marketing and/or legal teams.Required Skills / Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Toxicology (or closely related field) with
a minimum of 5 years Product Safety experience or Master's degree
and a minimum of 3 years Product Safety experience or a PHD and a
minimum of 2 years of Product Safety experience
- Minimum 2 years' experience in product safety & regulation of
pest control category
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the
United StatesPreferred Skills / Experience / Competencies
- Proven situational leadership skills & ability to forge strong
relationships with colleagues
- Skills to work cohesively & constructively as a member of the
Global Product Safety Leadership Team.
- Ability to distill and summarize technically complex issues
into practical solutions & actions in a clear and articulate
fashion to a wide range of stakeholders both within and outside of
the Global Product Safety Department
- Working knowledge of safety and regulatory policies, procedures
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate within and across
- Proven capability to build strong relationships outside the
- Desired Leadership Attributes:
- Results Driven
- High ethical standards and sound technical judgment.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Curiosity and learning mindset
- AdaptabilityJob Requirements
- Full Time
- Travel Time expected:
- Remote work is available once a week for eligible employees
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be
assignedat any time with or without notice as assigned by the
Manager. The job description does not constitute a contract of
employment and the position remains at-will.Better TogetherAt SC
Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique
workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their
best when they can collaborate and work together in person.Equal
Opportunity EmployerThe policy of the Company is to ensure equal
opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without
regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual
orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity,
gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran
status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S.
or state military forces, genetic history or information or any
other category protected by law.Accommodation RequestsIf you are an
individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other
assistance during the application process, please call our Human
Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to
SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.
Keywords: SC Johnson, Racine , ASSOCIATE MANAGER, TOXICOLOGY, Executive , Racine, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!