Director, Infrastructure & Operations - Hosting and DevOps Delivery Services
Posted on: January 24, 2023
SC JOHNSON IS A FIFTH-GENERATION FAMILY COMPANY BUILT ON THE
SPIRIT OF OUR PEOPLE. We have been leading with purpose for over
130 years, building iconic brands that win the hearts and minds of
consumers - such as Raid -, Glade -, Ziploc - and more, in
virtually every country around the world. Together, we are creating
a better future - for the planet, for future generations and for
every SCJ team member. Join our winning team of Wave Makers and Go
Getters and help us write the next chapter in the SCJ story.The
Director, Infrastructure & Operations - Hosting and DevOps Delivery
(Infrastructure as Code) Services is part of SC Johnson's IT
organization and is responsible for managing and leading a global
team of IT Hosting Services Architects, DevOps Developers,
Engineers and professionals in development and implementation of SC
Johnson's Multi-Cloud hosting and delivery strategies. This role
reports to the Senior Director, Infrastructure & Operations.
Director in this role will be accountable to deliver and execute
Hosting and DevOps Delivery strategy that aligns with SCJ's
cloud-first strategy and business objectives, and continuously
improves effectiveness, efficiency and security of all hosting
services. The team under the Director will draft the strategy,
builds the High and Low-level designs, own the process and
technology architecture of all existing and new projects/programs
and continuously operates and improve upon the IT services for SC
Johnson's operations around the world.The Director, Infrastructure
& Operations - Hosting and DevOps Delivery Services position
combines highly technical IT work with significant business acumen,
leadership skills and fiscal management components. The Hosting
Services Team is deeply technical in that it designs, deploys, and
runs SCJ IT systems in highly integrated Hybrid Cloud environment.
The DevOps team are building automation for delivery pipelines for
infrastructure and applications in a public cloud environment and
legacy systems as well. The Director provides the vision or the
development of these systems, the technical and managerial
leadership to that end, and allocates department and divisional
resource in support. The Director works closely with technical
teams across SC Johnson's IT function ensuring alignment between
it.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and lead Hybrid Cloud architects and engineers capable
of designing, building and run solution in support of SC Johnson's
business and company goals.
- Derive Strategies and Roadmaps from analysis of current State,
Business Drivers, Target State and Opportunities
- Proven professional experience designing and implementing
automated deployments of modern infrastructure and
- Working knowledge of enterprise infrastructure, CI/CD pipelines
(deployments and configuration), Agile delivery and evangelism of
- Lead Team members with performance review, training and skills
which are commensurate with overall Hosting and IT goals and
- Establish SC Johnson's Cloud Hosting Strategy and technology
roadmap in response of Company's goals and vision.
- Calibrate technology solutions to industry standards and
incorporate opportunities arising from emerging technologies
- Provide technical architectural leadership in response of
- Optimize and rationalize SC Johnson's hosting footprint to
achieve elasticity and support overall Company's competitive
- Influence and collaborate within and outside IT function to
support IT initiatives.
- Lead new business requirements into actionable IT solutions and
enduring solutions are in line with technological capabilities and
- Ensure the compliance of all new infrastructure services with
the agreed standards are supporting the integration of and
convergence to new solutions as they emerge.
- Lead the management of Cyber-Security services for hybrid-cloud
- Operationalize Cloud hosting services and advance its maturity
to standard industry levels.
- Develop and manage Cloud and on-prem hosting services
- Continuously manage and improve Hosting Services in respect of
ITIL and SC Johnson's processes.
- Steer the team to deliver outcomes such as service request and
incidents in compliance with agreed-upon service levels and
operational-level agreements (OLAs).
- Establish and maintain proactive and reactive monitoring along
with related operational processes internally and with external
- Lead the output of Key Performance Indicators that drive the
Hosting team to deliver on committed response times and reduce
occurrence of underlying issues interrupting services.
- Assure technologies implemented for the business remain
up-to-date by providing End of Life cycle management and
- Define and deliver process in respect of agreed and committed
timelines.Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science
or related degree or military experience may be considered in lieu
of degree requirement
- 10+ years of experience working within IT Infrastructure &
- 5+ years of experience in leading designing and deploying
continuous integration / continuous delivery (CICD) tooling and
- 3+ years of experience of managing Azure Cloud Solution
specifically in Hosting Services area
- 5+ years of experience managing a team of employees,
contractors and Managed ServicesPreferred Skills / Experience /
- Advanced Degree
- Azure Certification
- Global experience
- Proven ability managing multicultural teams.
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to coordinate
efforts across departments.
- Ability to effectively manage networks initiatives within the
boundaries of uninterruptible environments.
- Significant project management experience with solid
- Strong process and process-improvement orientation.
- Energetic team player with a positive attitude.
- Cool and rational disposition under pressure.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with a proven
ability to interface and influence all levels of management along
with mature presentation skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of one or more industry standard
frameworks such as TOGAF, Zachman, or Gartner/Meta and associated
toolsBetter TogetherAt SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive,
inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are
able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work
together in person.Equal Opportunity EmployerThe policy of the
Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants
and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age,
gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship,
pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve
component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or
information or any other category protected by law.Accommodation
RequestsIf you are an individual with a disability and you need an
accommodation or other assistance during the application process,
please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email
your request to . All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Download the for more information.
Keywords: Johnsonwax, Racine , Director, Infrastructure & Operations - Hosting and DevOps Delivery Services, Executive , Racine, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!