Associate Brand Manager (Scubapro)
Company: Johnson Outdoors
Posted on: December 2, 2019
About the Role: Reporting to the
Brand Manager, this role assists with the execution of brand
strategy and marketing tactics to successfully increase
profitability and brand effectiveness based on consumer intimacy
and consumer segmentation needs. Performs market insights/consumer
intimacy research to identify trends, market best practice and
opportunities to increase profitable growth. Executes marketing
plans/campaigns and collaborates with various internal teams on
communications, advertising, public relations, digital, social
media, product packaging, promotional and point of purchasing
- Under the guidance of a brand manager, provides input into the
development of brand and marketing strategy. Executes brand
initiatives to grow brand equity and brand identity in the market
to enhance the consumer experience and loyalty.
- Manages and performs marketing insights/analytics, which
includes the following: consumer insights, competitive analysis,
market/penetration opportunities, market best practice, shopper and
purchase path analysis, sales trends, potential implications and
product range gaps. Leads projects and work plans using internal
and external resources. Regularly reports to marketing team on
product sales performance and competitor activities including new
products and unique marketing activities.
- Develops, directs and interprets trade and consumer market
research studies to identify trends and market opportunities.
- Strengthens brand equity by executing comprehensive and fully
integrated marketing programs that address targeted consumer
- Serves on a cross-functional team consisting of product
development, engineering/R&D, sales and operations to create
innovation strategies and briefs, platforms and new product
segments based on consumer insight and market research.
- Performs initial business case development and alignment to
demand space. Manages product packaging, design and communication
briefs. Collaborates with Brand Manager to develop consumer
- Collaborates, informs and executes the marketing communication
strategy and plan which includes but is not limited to marketing
campaigns, graphics, photography, print/TV, advertising, video,
packaging, point-of-sale, product catalogs, social media, digital,
CRM/DDM and public relations.
- Manages brand representation through field promotions such as
tournament sponsorships, show participation, events, ambassadors
and other grass root initiatives.
- Evaluates brand and marketing strategy ROI and effectiveness
using KPI (key performance Indicator) analysis, metric targets,
reporting, testing and tracking, dashboards and related key
- Collaborates with sales teams on the planning and implementing
of sales programs and activities as necessary to support the sales
team, develop sales tools, and attend major shows/customer
presentations and present new products.
- Partners with other marketing staff to answer consumer
questions and respond to product reviews on social media
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Background
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, sales, or
- Typically requires a minimum of 2 years of experience in brand
and marketing, which includes developing effective and supportive
marketing plans based on consumer needs. Must have 2-3 years of
consumer research/insights experience including direct experience
managing a third party research partner.
- Knowledge, skills and experience in branding, marketing
strategy development, traditional and digital marketing, social
media, sponsorship management and promotion, consumer behavior
strategies, consumer segmentation and consumer intimacy and
- Experience and success in consumer intimacy and segmentation
research to profitability grow the brand and align with the market.
Ability to use research to effectively build our brand.
- Knowledge and skills in effectively assisting with the
execution of marketing campaigns and tactics, marketing
communications, positioning products, packaging products and
managing a marketing budget.
- Experience managing smaller projects from concept,
implementation, analysis and evaluation.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication
skills to leverage across various internal and external
teams/resources and communicate marketing plans. Ability to work as
part of a collaborative team.
- Experience working in a deadline-oriented environment with a
high attention to detail and quality.
- Advanced proficiency in use of Microsoft Office suite including
MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required
(requirement varies by business unit).
Keywords: Johnson Outdoors, Racine , Associate Brand Manager (Scubapro), Executive , Racine, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!