Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Hospitalist
Company: Ascension (System Office)
Posted on: March 24, 2020
We Are Hiring
Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant - Hospitalist - Full-Time -
All Saints Spring Street Campus - Racine,WI
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100
related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension
Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care
clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare
organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018,
Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community
benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to
transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As
one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the
U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate,
personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In
FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons
living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension - WI, you will have the opportunity
In collaboration with a physician, provides for the expansion of
individualized primary healthcare services by diagnosing and
treating certain acute or chronic health conditions.
* 7 days on/ 7 days off (10 hour shifts); No late evening
* Daily census 14 - 15 patients per day, which includes Admissions
* Well-supported team-based practice
* Collegial Hospitalist Team
* Closed ICU Model Winter 2019
* Obtains patient history and performs assessment via observation,
interview and examination. Orders, performs and interprets
diagnostic studies. Performs preventative health assessments,
screening, immunizations and patient care.
* Provides direct treatment and management of health conditions via
prescriptive authority or referral to other healthcare providers or
* Counsels and educates patients and their families/caregivers
concerning preventative health, treatment options and community
* Documents delivery of health care and nursing processes in
accordance with specific specialty area standards and network
What You Will Need
* Required Credential(s):
* BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job
transfer date. Verified by local Credentialing Office.
* Nurse Practitioner credentialed from the Wisconsin Board of
Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Verified
by local Credentialing Office.
* Registered Nurse credentialed from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing
obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Licensure from
the Wisconsin Board of Nursing OR current home state license if
considered multi-state/Compact State. Verified by local
* Preferred Credential(s):
* Drug Enforcement Admin credentialed from the Drug Enforcement
Administration. Verified by local Credentialing Office.
* Master's degree of Nursing required or Master's degree of
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not
discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of
age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability,
arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Keywords: Ascension (System Office), Racine , Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Hospitalist, Healthcare , Racine, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!