Registered Nurse Clinic - Float
Company: Advocate Aurora Health
Posted on: January 19, 2023
- Nurse/Patient Relationship: Develops and maintains a
therapeutic relationship throughout the healthcare continuum
- 1)Incorporates the concepts of responsibility, accountability,
clinical decision-making, authority, shared governance, and
critical thinking in daily nursing practice.
- 2)Provides individualized care to promote physical and
psychosocial comfort. Utilizes principles of optimum pain
assessment and management in the delivery of patient care.
- 3)Assesses patient and family readiness and involves them in
planning and implementing care. Seeks consultation as needed.
- 4)Incorporates an individualized, holistic approach in the plan
- 5)Assesses by gathering and appraising data to focus on age
appropriate patient needs.
- 6)Continually evaluates patients' and significant others'
response to interventions and appropriately modifies plan of care.
Responds respectfully to patient values, customs and spiritual
- 7)Collaborates with physicians and/or other health care
professionals in developing relationships, plans of care and age
- 8)Supports patient's decision to question, refuse, or terminate
treatment. Responds to physical or emotional crisis and/or death of
patient, making home visit to provide care as appropriate.
- 9)Provides supportive care to family members and involved
caregivers throughout patient's illness.
- 10)Demonstrates ability to assess and respond to the needs of
Hospice patients/families in varied settings.
- Assuring/Improving Quality Care: Facilitates the patient and
family's right to receive quality, cost effective care
- 1)Mobilizes appropriate resources in response to situations
that have the potential to negatively impact patient and family
- 2)Adapts practice to the latest standards according to
- 3)Participates in quality/process improvement initiatives
- 4)Participates in efforts to reduce risk and improve patient
safety Assesses physical environment and reports unsafe conditions.
Adheres to safety standards.
- 5)Continually demonstrates current knowledge of
- 6)Looks for ways to improve processes, recommends solutions and
implements appropriately. Measures outcomes and utilizes data to
- 7)Utilizes effectively and efficiently resources, supplies, and
- Patient/Staff Education: Demonstrates a commitment to meeting
the learning needs of patients and families. Utilizes appropriate
resources to meet those needs and achieve positive patient
outcomes. Assists in creating an environment that promotes
educational growth opportunities for nursing peers and colleagues
- 1)Assesses patient and family readiness to learn, and modifies
approach as necessary
- 2)Seeks out opportunities to enhance knowledge, skill, and
competence of department members.Independently seeks out
opportunities to learn and grow both interpersonally and
functionally. Takes responsibility for keeping skills and knowledge
in field up to date. Displays willingness and ability to learn and
apply new skills. HOLDS SELF TO HIGH STANDARDS/EXPECTS THE BEST OF
- 3)Plans, implements, and provides follow-up education for
patients/S.O. appropriate to the patient's level of
- 4)Instructs volunteers and hired caregivers in delivery of
Hospice care as appropriate.
- 5)Completes self-evaluation in a timely and thorough manner.
Supports the peer evaluation process by gathering and providing
information as requested.
- Nursing Process: Demonstrates the use of nursing process as a
- 1)Recognizes changes in clinical situations. Evaluates and
implements changes to the plan of care
- 2)Consistently makes sound clinical decisions, demonstrating
the ability to care for patients with complex problems
- 3)Prioritizes and organizes patient care and ensures follow
through with planned care
- 4)Initiates referrals and discharge planning for assigned
patients and actively coordinates utilizing the interdisciplinary
- 5)Consistently demonstrates competence in implementation of
patient care in accordance with established clinical standards of
care, age specific policies, and federal/state law. Viewed as
competent. Maintains knowledge base.
- 6)Documentation is thorough, accurate, timely, legible, and
concise with minimal duplication.
- Leadership/Collaboration/Professional Development: Demonstrates
respect and understanding for peers and other clinical disciplines
and participates as an effective member of the patient care team to
formulate an integrated approach to care. Demonstrates leadership
behaviors and is committed to the development of self and others
- 1)Participates in unit meetings and activities that improve
patient care or administrative systems Utilizes available resources
to maintain current knowledge base relevant to practice Attends at
least 80% of all required department meetings and inservices.
- 2)Demonstrates effective communication, feedback, and conflict
resolution skills, promoting collaboration among healthcare team
- 3)Demonstrates ability to critique own nursing practice and
achieves required certifications or Bachelor's Degree
- 4)Earns a minimum of 10 contact hours per year
- 5)Employee Health requirements are up to date. (i.e., TB, fit
testing, Hep B series completed or formally declined, etc.)
- 6)Completes all required Safety, Infection Control and OSHA
education. All Healthstream and written competency exams are
- 7)Supports all Accrediting Organization compliance efforts.
Actively participates in ongoing readiness efforts. Individually
meets and complies with all Accrediting Organization
- 8)Complies with Code of Conduct, confidentiality, and HIPAA
policies. Has completed annual HIPAA education. Has completed
annual Business Conduct educationLicensure:
- Nurse, Registered (RN)Education/Experience Required:
- ---Graduate from an accredited school of nursing --- Minimum 1
year of experience ---Earn 10.0 continuing education credits
annually ---Has demonstrated proficiency for the requirements for
NC IKnowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- ---Good oral and written communication skills ---Computer
skills ---Good time management and organizational skills
---Familiarity with patient care equipment
- ---Current Wisconsin license ---Current CPRPhysicial
Requirements and Working Conditions:
- ---Ability to work weekends, holidays, and different shifts in
order to accommodate staffing ---Certain positions may need to take
call ---Ability to transport objects, patients, and equipment
---Ability to respond quickly to patient needs and work at fast
pace ---Work environment includes probability of exposure to
adverse, hazardous, or unpleasant conditions while caring for the
sick ---Ability to assist in evacuation of patients in the event of
a fire or other disaster ---Routinely works with potentially
infectious specimens and patients ---Ability to respond to patients
in a timely manner and access all areas of the unit ---Ability to
lift 100 pounds occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds
frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds constantly
- If position has direct patient care or direct patient contact
the following lifting requirement supersedes any previous lifting
requirement effective 06/01/2015. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when
patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling
equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other
associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement
situations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.Addendum:
Responsible for providing and coordinating comprehensive patient
care by incorporating the concepts of responsibility,
accountability, clinical decision-making, authority, shared
governance, and critical thinking in daily nursing practice.
Primary role is to use the nursing process in overseeing patient
care to achieve the desired outcome in the department. A Nurse
Clinicain II plans and sets goals which demonstrates a wholistic
approach to patients and families. Assumes leadership
responsibilities at the unit level. Demonstrates a mastery of
clinical skills. This job description indicates the general nature
and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to
cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be
required to perform other related duties.
Keywords: Advocate Aurora Health, Racine , Registered Nurse Clinic - Float, Healthcare , Racine, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!