Respiratory Therapist (RT)
Company: Ascension, WI
Posted on: October 8, 2018
Job ID: 244037 Respiratory Therapist (RT) Racine, Wisconsin Regular / Rotating Additional Job Information Title: Respiratory Therapist-Weekend City, State: Racine, WI Location: WF - All Saints Hospital Department: Respiratory Care 001 Additional Job Details: Part-Time Rotating, 24 hours Weekly.Weekend program - requires 3 (8-hour shift/ weekend). Need to work 40/52 weekends per year. (Will receive $5/hr bonus on top of shift diff) 5K Sign on Bonus! About Us In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care - including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities - in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit We're looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin. Job Description Job Summary: The Respiratory Therapist provides evaluation of and care for patients with respiratory insufficiencies. Must be be willing to cross-train/ work in NICU Schedule:Weekend program - requires 3 (8-hour shift/ weekend). Need to work 40/52 weekends per year. This role has a 5K sign on bonus! Responsibilities:
- Delivers and assesses response to ordered therapy per plan of care. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition.
- Evaluates respiratory practice, administration of medications and treatment based on patient outcomes.
- Responds to emergency resuscitation team calls.
- Educates the patient and family about the patient's health condition and provides information about community support groups and other resources.
- Required Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Respiratory Therapist obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. or Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT).
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Pediatric Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA). Education:
- Associate Degree
- Associate's degree in Respiratory or RRT required Work Experience:
- No experience required. How To Apply We urge you to apply to any/all positions that you have interest in, and should you fit the qualifications for the role we will certainly reach out to you. Please ensure you complete all required fields within the application (indicated with an asterisk), as well additional information that is requested of you. Information that you offer us will better assist us in understating your qualification and fit for the position(s) you've applied. Also to note, our online application system may not be compatible with non-Windows based operating systems (iPhones, iPads, or Mac Computers) or non-internet Explorer browsers. Please note that Ascension, and its affiliates and subsidiaries, will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. Equal Employment Opportunity Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster: M/F/Disabled/Vet EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Share: -->
Keywords: Ascension, WI, Racine , Respiratory Therapist (RT), Healthcare , Racine, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!