Health Unit Coordinator (HUC) - Patient Care Assistant (PCA)
Company: Ascension, WI
Posted on: October 11, 2018
Job ID: 275615 Health Unit Coordinator (HUC) - Patient Care Assistant (PCA) Racine, Wisconsin Regular Additional Job Information Title: HUC/PCA City, State: Racine, WI Location: WF - All Saints Hospital Department: Intensive Care Unit 001 Additional Job Details: Part-Time 2nd Shift, Two 8 hour shifts one week, Three 8 hour shifts the following. Hours are 3pm-11:30pm About Us In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care - including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities - in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit We're looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin. Job Description Job Summary: The Health Unit Coordinator assists with basic patient care activities and performs administrative and clerical duties in support of an assigned clinical area. Responsibilities:
- Assists with procedures and/or patient with tending to personal care, activities of daily living and/or transfers/transport.
- Communicates with patients, families, physicians and other healthcare team members in person, telephone, and/or email. May receive and screen visitors and telephone calls, and handles general inquiries. Files, distributes mail and performs other clerical duties as assigned.
- Types various reports and documents for unit staff. Photocopies and distributes and/or files as necessary. May transcribe physicians' orders subject to the approval of a licensed nurse.
- Assists with the maintenance of supplies and equipment. May assist with keeping patient rooms clean and orderly.
- Ensures accurate and complete documentation.
- Observes and reports promptly any changes in patient behavior and physical status to the RN. Notifies RN promptly of patient
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Nursing Assistant credentialed from the state of Wisconsin, and in Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry with eligibility to work within a hospital setting obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Education:
- HS or Equivalent
- High School Diploma or equivalent required Completion of medical terminology class preferred Work Experience:
- No experience required; experience in the job related field preferred. Equal Employment Opportunity Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster: M/F/Disabled/Vet EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Share: -->
Keywords: Ascension, WI, Racine , Health Unit Coordinator (HUC) - Patient Care Assistant (PCA), Healthcare , Racine, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!