Lead Registered Nurse (RN) - Stepdown Intermediate Care
Posted on: December 5, 2018
We Are Hiring Lead RN - Step Down (IMC)Join our family of dedicated, highly valued Intermediate Care nurses at Ascension - All Saints in Racine. All Saints is your health care partner, an employer of choice, and a community advocate. We offer everything you would expect from a big city hospital, so our patients don't need to leave Racine to get outstanding, safe, comprehensive and compassionate care. Our physicians come from some of the best medical facilities in the country.For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the body, mind and spirit.Why Join Ascension?
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
- Heart of Care: Nurses are at the heart of the care we provide. That's why, at Ascension, we invest in our nurses so they can have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve. When it comes to professional development, we offer many continuing education opportunities.
- Front Lines: Nurses are on the front lines of the care we provide, and for that reason, All Saints prides itself in employing some of the best nurses in Wisconsin. And while we pride ourselves in having some of the most experienced nurses in the state, we always welcome exceptional new nurses who are eager to join our team.What You Will Do As a Lead Step-Down Nurse, you will be the Nursing lead for an intermediate care unit whose patients require care somewhere between a Med Surg Unit and an ICU. You will direct and support the nursing staff, while also treating a limited number of patients on the unit. You will be responsible for assessing patient care needs, distributing patient care assignments, evaluating nurses, and will also act as a mentor and educational resource to those on the step-down unit. What You Will Need Required Credentials:
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the state of Wisconsin or Multi-State Compact obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Additional certifications may be required for specific job locations.Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Advanced Life Support specializing in Advanced Cardio Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Certified Pediatric Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).Education:
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing required Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred
- Work Experience:
- Two (2) years of related experience preferred.Equal Employment Opportunity Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:M/F/Disabled/VetEEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Keywords: Ascension, Racine , Lead Registered Nurse (RN) - Stepdown Intermediate Care, Healthcare , Racine, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!