Registered Nurse (RN) - Surgery (OR)
Posted on: February 12, 2019
We Are Hiring Our Surgery team has an opening for an experienced OR Nurse. This full-time opportunity is at our Ascension - All Saints site in Racine, WI. This position would work 36 hours each week.Ascension-Wisconsin has developed an innovative and unique orientation program to assist our associates who are new to Ascension Surgical Services. The program, Intra-Operative Foundations, is a four-day program that provides time to learn, reinforce, and practice operating room principles. Intra-Operative Foundations offers a blended learning approach including:
- Classroom based education
- Skill stations
- Simulation experiences co-facilitated from staff in our Education and OR departments.Our Intra-Operative Foundations program is offered every month in connection with our new associate orientation program.Why Join Ascension? In Wisconsin, Ascension operates 24 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ more than 23,500 associates. Across the state, Ascension provided more than $230 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in fiscal year 2016. Serving Wisconsin for 169 years, Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. Ascension is the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, operating 2,500 sites of care - including 141 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities - in 24 states and the District of Columbia. Visit We're looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.What You Will Do As an associate with Ascension - All Saints, you will have the opportunity to deliver professional nursing care in the operative setting to patients undergoing surgical or other invasive procedures.You will:
- Perform scrub functions including the selection and handling of instruments and supplies used during procedure.
- Perform circulating functions including monitoring, recording and communicating patient condition and managing overall nursing care of patient before, during and after procedure.
- Directly assist operating physician with surgical tasks including hemostasis, suturing and wound exposure as well as patient positioning.
- Prepare operating rooms and surgical instruments and equipment for use.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Education:
- Graduate of a board-approved Registered Nurse Program required. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred. Work Experience:
- RN with approximately 18 months or more experience in a Surgical Setting.Equal Employment Opportunity Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:M/F/Disabled/VetEEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Keywords: Ascension, Racine , Registered Nurse (RN) - Surgery (OR), Healthcare , Racine, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!