Medical Assistant - Family Practice - Sign On Bonus!!!
Company: Advocate Aurora Health
Posted on: April 30, 2021
Grow your career (and your
bank account) when you’re hired as an MA. This position is
currently eligible for a sign-on bonus! If a two-year commitment is
signed, you will receive a $2,500 bonus on a paycheck following
your first 90 days of employment. Visit aurora.org/ma for more
details, or discuss with your recruiter (Only offered to external
- Assists with the provision of patient centered care in an
outpatient clinic. Performs various clinical support tasks under
clinical supervision within the organization's established scope of
practice guidelines to ensure efficient patient flow.
- Prepares and rooms the patient for exam by obtaining vital
signs and gathering/documenting/updating pertinent health
information (i.e. chief complaint, allergies, and/or
- Performs laboratory procedures (i.e. strep test, wound culture,
specimen collection, etc.) using principles of aseptic technique
and standard precautions/infection control guidelines.
- Assists the physician/advance practice provider (APP) with
procedures and surgeries such as pelvic exams, allergy scratch
testing, EMG, cautery, colposcopy, etc.
- Administers routine medications, under physician/APP orders,
which may include but are not limited to immunizations,
antibiotics, vitamins and topical agents.
- Provides basic patient instructions on the performance of
routine tasks or skills. Follows through with necessary procedure
or test requests, pre-approved care algorithms, new appointment
times and referrals to other facilities or services. Refers
questions to registered nurses and physicians/providers per scope
of practice guidelines and relays information back to patient as
- Communicates with physicians and other members of the health
care team to ensure smooth clinic flow and makes adjustments as
necessary. Effectively communicates accurate and timely information
with the patient.
- May perform basic and advanced clinical support tasks or skills
based on the specialty and appropriate advanced skills and
competencies such as but not limited to removal of sutures and
staples, straight catheterization, audiograms, laboratory
procedures (throat/nose culture, drug screen), phlebotomy -
butterfly, venous heel stick, EKG, spirometry, Holter monitor
application, etc., under clinical supervision.
Monday: 7:30 am - 4:30pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 7:00 am - 4:00 pm
Friday: 7:00 am - 12:30 pm
Licenses & Certifications
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare
Providers certification issued by the American Heart
Association (AHA) needs to be obtained within 6 months unless
department leader has determined it is not required.
- Completion of an accredited or approved program in Medical
Required Functional Experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to perform routine and complex technical skills, within
the Medical Assistant scope of practice after demonstrated
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to
develop rapport and maintain positive, professional relationships
with a variety of patients, staff and physicians.
- Proficient computer skills including keyboarding, navigation
within a windows operating system, and use of electronic mail with
exposure to electronic medical records systems.
- Demonstrates customer service skills that support a positive
Keywords: Advocate Aurora Health, Racine , Medical Assistant - Family Practice - Sign On Bonus!!!, Other , Racine, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!