Internship - Metallurgical Engineer Co-op (Fall 2021)
Modine Manufacturing Company
Hours per Week:
Period of Employment:
Type of Compensation:
Starting Salary Range:
College Credits Earned:
Required Student Status:
Engineering - General, Engineering - Chemical
This is a full-time, temporary position located in the Chemical
and Metallurgical Laboratory at Modine's global headquarters in
Racine, WI. This is a world-class lab that supports the company's
global operations. Areas of support include failure analysis,
materials development, and manufacturing problem solving.
- Provide support to failure analysis work.
- Perform microscopy, metallography, and materials testing.
- Participate in meetings for incoming work and provide analysis
- Assist in report development and writing.
- Work with laboratory peers and management to prioritize
competing work and deadlines.
- Be able to provide recommendations and material-related design
alternatives to engineering staff to resolve manufacturing or
- Utilize critical thinking skills, logic and reasoning to
identify strength and weaknesses of alternative solutions,
conclusions and approaches to problems.
- Provide support to development projects (material, process, and
At a minimum, the candidate should be enrolled in a degree
program related to Materials Science/Engineering and will have
completed introductory chemistry and materials engineering classes.
Ideally, the candidate should have relevant additional coursework
and/or experience in materials, laboratory testing, and
For California Residents - Privacy Disclosure
No travel is expected, although it may be possible for an
individual to accompany other Modine personnel to a manufacturing
plant to assist in materials development work for a duration of a
few days to a week.
Modine is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Welcomes all
Modine provides a competitive benefit package, which could
include paid vacation, short term disability, 401(k), health,
dental, vision, life insurance, flex spending benefits, tuition
reimbursement, Health Savings Account and much more. Human
Resources will provide more detail upon your hiring.