Quality Control Technician
Company: Badger Meter Inc
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Why Badger Meter?
Are you looking to join a dynamic team where you have the autonomy
and challenge that lets you learn and grow your career? Are you
energized when you know that your contributions matter and make a
difference in business success? If yes, then Badger Meter may be a
great place for you!
For more than 115 years, Badger Meter has provided strong, stable
financial growth, in turn providing employees with the opportunity
to build long, successful careers. As a leading manufacturer of
flow measurement technology, Badger Meter offers many opportunities
to measure what matters in protecting the world's water and other
precious resources. Our company is large enough to continually
drive market innovation, all while we maintain a collaborative and
flexible working atmosphere.
What You Will Contribute:
The Quality Control Technician tests and inspects electronic and
mechanical products at various stages of the production process,
and compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and
maintain the quality and reliability of products by performing the
duties below. The main responsibilities of this position are:
* Oversee receiving inspection to effectively meet the needs of
divisional production departments with the inspection of received
goods in an accurate and timely manner.
* Select products for tests at specific stages in the production
process (1st piece inspection, in process control, find control,
product test) for variety of qualities such as dimensions,
performance, mechanical, electrical, chemical, aesthetic, and
* Record inspection test data; apply statistical quality control
and CPK analysis.
* Evaluate data of the received goods and write reports to validate
and/or indicate deviations from existing prints and/or
* Recommend modifications of existing quality or production
standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment
* Set up and perform destructive and nondestructive test on
materials, parts or products to measure performance, life, or
* Maintain non-conforming material review and Supplier Corrective
Action data to ensure prompt and accurate deposition of
non-conforming material and documentation of supplier
* Consult, advice, and train production employees to ensure quality
work instructions and system procedures are understood, followed
and properly documented.
* Processes internal corrective actions from manufacturing and
* Associates degree or technical training required
* 3-5 years of inspection experience measuring with micrometers,
calipers, tape measure
* Experience with Optical comparator, CMM, PC-DMIS, SPC, GD&T,
Farro Arm are a plus
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates
regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Applicants can learn more about their rights regarding equal
opportunity in employment by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law"
poster and the "EEO is the Law" poster supplement at
Keywords: Badger Meter Inc, Racine , Quality Control Technician, Other , Racine, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!