Current Compassus Colleagues: Please apply via Workday.
"I am inspired by watching our teams provide end of life care
that allows our patients dignity and the ability to move through
the last chapter of their lives on their own terms."
- Betsy, Admissions Registered Nurse
At Compassus, we are dedicated to compassionate care, clinical
excellence and providing comfort and support to patients and their
families facing the end of life. As an Admissions RN, you will
assess patients for hospice eligibility and explain the hospice
care to patients and families. Our Admissions Nurses welcome
patients on to our service and reassure families of our good care.
For many of our team members, this is more than a career - it's a
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? Join
our team today as an Admissions Nurse to positively impact the
experiences of our patients and families.
The Admissions Nurse assesses patients' eligibility for hospice
and admits patients as appropriate. As an Admissions RN, you will
initiate the initial plan of care with authorization of the
attending physician and hospice medical director and complete the
admission process according to Compassus policy.
- Explain hospice services and benefits to patients, family
members and significant others
- Ensure all patient's initial needs are met
- Collaborate with the Inter-Disciplinary Team members regarding
initial plan of care, patient's condition and other essential
- Contact and maintain relationships with long-term care staff,
hospital staff, and physicians to promote hospice services
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills
- High sense of integrity including maintenance of confidential
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, to include some evenings
and weekends, when needed
- Ability to travel to patient homes and nursing facilities in
the local community
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Valid driver's license and auto liability insurance
Education and Certifications
Registered Nurse in the state of employment.
- Louisiana: Two years full time experience as a Registered Nurse
or two years clinical in hospice
- Mississippi: 1 year full time experience as a Registered Nurse
or 3 years full time continuous employment as a Licensed Practical
Nurse immediately preceding Registered Nurse licensure
Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, complies with
applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, does not exclude
people or treat them differently because of race, color, national
origin, age, disability, or sex.