Company: IDEAL INDUSTRIES, INC.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Cree Lighting a Company of IDEAL Industries
is a market-leading innovator of LED lighting for indoor, outdoor
and intelligent lighting applications that improve society and
safeguard our planet. Additionally, our cutting-edge technology
delivers reliable performance and value beyond light for office and
industrial buildings, schools and universities, municipalities,
automotive dealerships, healthcare facilities, and more!
We are currently seeking an
Engineering Technician to join our team! In this
role you will be self-motivated, hands-on technician with
experience in electronics to support the development and testing of
LED-based lighting products. This position will work within
cross functional groups consisting of electrical, mechanical,
optical and manufacturing members to assemble, test and qualify
electrical components as well as complete LED fixtures. A
successful candidate will be a resourceful problem solver who is
able to work around technical obstacles and will be adept at the
implementation of practical solutions.
What you will be
- Support design engineering from concept through production
including component test, prototype build, safety testing and
- Work from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal
descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing, checkout
and troubleshooting functions.
- Use test equipment including, but not limited to, digital
multimeters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, signal generators and
specialized test apparatus.
- Assemble prototype circuit boards consisting of surface-mount
and through-hole components.
- Assemble and test LED boards.
- Test and troubleshoot new electrical modules such as sensor,
LED driver, wireless radio.
- Capture oscilloscope waveforms, make power and efficiency
measurements, gather additional data and provide clear, concise
reports for review.
- Complete tasks in creative and effective ways with minimal
guidance and oversight.
- Work across company functional organizations to ensure project
- Other duties as assigned.
What you need for succcess:
- EET or AS degree or equivalent training in Electrical
Engineering or other related technical field.
- 5+ years experience in power and analog electronics with
working knowledge of passive component testing, power semiconductor
performance, thermal and EMC testing and qualification testing of
- Ability to troubleshoot analog and digital circuits with
equipment such as; oscilloscopes, power meters, AC and DC power
supplies and multimeters.
- Proficient with MS Office tools including Excel and Word or
- Ability to work independently and be self-sufficient while
knowing when to ask for help. Strong written and verbal
- Background in LED lighting and power supply.
Preferred but not required
- 10+ years experience in power electronic testing and
- Hands on experience with EMC equipment and test protocol
- Experience in LED module such as assembly and testing
- Background in LED lighting complex system
- Hands on experience with different serial protocols such as
RS432, DALI, DMX
- Hands on experience with testing wireless devices (Bluetooth,
802.11 and Zigbee)
- Knowledge and experience with three-phase power system
The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate.
We have an outstanding benefits package
that starts DAY ONE! We offer medical, dental, vision, 401K with
match and a pension plan! We are values based organization
that seeks people that integrate with our culture and grow with the
business over time. We are privately held – so we think in terms of
generations, not quarters.
Cree Lighting a company of IDEAL Industries
is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and
inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and
harassment of any kind based on protected characteristics as
outlined by federal, state or local laws. We realize that providing
a culture that represents a diverse background and skillset only
makes us a brighter place to work.
Keywords: IDEAL INDUSTRIES, INC., Racine , Engineering Technician, Other , Racine, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!