Posted on: October 12, 2019
Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and
possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quad's
state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class
automation and binding technology. Our platform gives our clients a
full range of options to produce personalized marketing products.
Fueled by innovative, interesting days, you'll find hard work is
good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done -
something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.Position
Overview:Quad, located in Franklin, WI is seeking a Palletizer
Operator for 3rd shift; Sunday - Thursday, 10pm - 6am.
- Read production and delivery schedules and stacking pattern;
determine sorting and transfer procedures, arrangement of packages
on pallet and destination of loaded pallet.
- Observe packages moving along conveyor to identify packages and
to detect defective packaging, and ensure detected defective
packaging is accumulated in reject line.
- Set and use label maker as needed to correct defective package
- Use selector switches, etc to control routing arrangement
- Physically transfer containers onto pallet following pallet
pattern configuration from drawing and/or order instructions. -
Load pallet onto palletize conveyor, unload when palletizing is
- Visually inspect label to ensure legible and correct for
- Operates controls for automatic palletizing equipment to sort
and move packages of finished products. Stop equipment to clear
jams if needed.
- Inform supervisor of equipment malfunctions, or any situation
that may jeopardize quality or scheduling.
- The Palletizer Operator will also be required to drive a
forklift and clamp truck as needed.
- Responsible for the performance and documentation of prescribed
preventative maintenance and general repairs on equipment in a
timely and accurate manner.
- Responsible for communicating pertinent information with
preceding and following shift.
- Willingly cross-trains in other areas as needed. -
EXAMPLES OF POWERED EQUIPMENT USED: Forklift, clamp lift, power
lift, hand jacks, automatic palletizing equipment, computers, trash
compactor, automatic labelers, roller-conveyor table, elevator
sorting/staging platform; and bailer equipment - -Required
- Possess a High School Diploma or GED, or equivalent education
- Be able to perform work related functions requiring the ability
to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, fractions and
- Read, speak and understand the English language sufficient to
interpret instructions, job orders, production sheets, and work
related documents. Able to clearly communicate problems and
malfunctions to co-workers and lead/management.
- Must be familiar with machines and tools, including their
designs, uses, benefits, repair, and maintenance.
- Troubleshooting experience
- Computer proficient sufficient to access, navigate, receive,
move, edit, create, copy, print, save and/or send work
communications and/or documents. -
- Must be able to perform and coordinate the multiple
simultaneous tasks of monitoring, inspecting, packaging, labeling
and transfer of completed product.
- Must be able to quickly and accurately compare letters,
numbers, objects, pictures or patterns, including comparing a
presented object with a remembered object. Documented adaptability,
versatility, and capability preferred.
- Physical Demands: Must be able to continuously lift 50+ lbs.
Work is performed indoors in a climate controlled environment and
outdoors while loading and unloading deliveries.Preferred
- Certifications / License preferred to drive and/or operate
forklift, power lift, and clamp-lift trucks.
- Understand and be proficient using the USA dating system
- Machine repair and maintenance experience preferred.Additional
Company Information: -Quad/Graphics is an equal employment
opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully
discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of
race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion,
national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability,
genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by
applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also
prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of
these protected categories. Drug Free Workplace
Keywords: Quad, Racine , Palletizer, Other , Racine, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!