Quality Control Technician
Company: Badger Meter
Posted on: March 28, 2020
Why Badger Meter?
Are you looking to join a dynamic team where you have the autonomy
and challenge that lets you learn and grow your career? Are you
energized when you know that your contributions matter and make a
difference in business success? If yes, then Badger Meter may be a
great place for you!
For more than 110 years, Badger Meter has provided strong, stable
financial growth, in turn providing employees with the opportunity
to build long, successful careers. As a leading manufacturer of
flow measurement technology, Badger Meter offers many opportunities
to measure what matters in protecting the world's water and other
precious resources. Our company is large enough to continually
drive market innovation, all while we maintain a collaborative and
flexible working atmosphere.
What You Will Contribute:
Badger Meter is currently hiring for a first shift (7AM-3:30PM)
Quality Control Technician at our Racine location. This position
involves working in both the office and production area. The
production area is air-conditioned for hot days and kept very
clean. This position involves working in team projects with other
employees in their own department as well as other departments.Job
- Oversees receiving inspection to effectively meet the needs of
divisional production departments with the inspection of received
goods in an accurate and timely manner.
- Selects products for tests at specific stages in the production
process (1st piece inspection, in process control, find control,
product test) for variety of qualities such as dimensions,
performance, mechanical, electrical, chemical, aesthetic, and
- Records inspection test data; apply statistical quality control
and CPK analysis.
- Evaluates data of the received goods and write reports to
validate and/or indicate deviations from existing prints and/or
- Recommends modifications of existing quality or production
standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment
- Sets up and performs destructive and nondestructive test on
materials, parts or products to measure performance, life, or
- Provides insights and suggestions on process improvements
- Maintains non-conforming material review and Supplier
Corrective Action data to ensure prompt and accurate deposition of
non-conforming material and documentation of supplier
- Consults, advises, and trains production employees to ensure
quality work instructions and system procedures are understood,
followed, and properly documented.
- Processes internal corrective actions from manufacturing and
- Associates degree or related technical training preferred
- 2+ years of inspection experience measuring with micrometers,
calipers, tape measure
- Basic computer skills are required (Microsoft Word, Outlook,
- CMM experience preferred
- Auditing experience preferred
Equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates
regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Applicants can learn more about their rights regarding equal
opportunity in employment by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law"
poster and the "EEO is the Law" poster supplement at
Keywords: Badger Meter, Racine , Quality Control Technician, Professions , Racine, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!