Automation Controls Technician II- 2nd Shift
Posted on: June 18, 2022
If you are a CONTROLS TECHNICIAN looking for an opportunity to
grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our
Racine, Wisconsin location, you will support the development,
installation and start-up of new production equipment and
technology. Provide for controls, logic, processes, programming,
system integration, troubleshooting support, and operator interface
devices on production equipment. Work with IT to ensure networking
and architecture systems are functional, production safe, and
comply with configuration requirements. Interface with Technicians
and Engineers to ensure equipment conforms to network,
communications, and programming/software standards.As an Automation
Controls Technician II - 2nd Shift, you will:
- Perform design/redesign and troubleshoot complex applications
and equipment involving electrical/electronic circuits and
equipment that interfaces with PC/VM based applications, PAC
controllers and a verity of operator interfaces.
- Assist with the implementation of new and modified equipment in
such areas as Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Wiring, Parts Fabrication,
Software Process Programming, and mechanical debugging.
- Set-up and troubleshoot motion control systems including
Servo's and robotic systems.
- Work with new machine vendors during equipment design, build,
runoff, install, and start-up.
- Document and back-up wiring/circuit logic, and software
programs (PC, PLC, robotic, etc.).
- Verify control of machines, operating systems, and processes
with Manufacturing Engineers.
- Upgrade and Enhance PLC programs, software, and systems to
maintain manufacturing capacity and quality.
- Interface and communicate with Manufacturing, Quality, and IT
in troubleshooting machine/system malfunction and to accomplish
- Develop training, process, and quality documentation as
required for new and updated systems.WHO YOU ARE:
You readily action new challenges, without unnecessary planning.
You utilize analytical tools to help explore potential scenarios.
You uncover root causes to difficult problems. You seek ways to
improve processes, from small tweaks to complete
We offer a Flexible Work Schedule where you will work with your
manager to enjoy a work schedule that can flex with your life
schedule.REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Associates Degree in (Automated Manufacturing Systems
Technology or a related field) and 5 years of relevant experience;
or 9 years of relevant experience.
- Proficient use of electrical/electronic, computer, and test
- Elevated level of software/hardware skills (troubleshooting,
PC's, MS, SQL, CAD, Ignition, Iconics, PLC/PAC programming).
- Ability to read/analyze prints and schematics (electrical,
electronic, hydraulic, plumbing, mechanical).
- Some but not necessary Understanding of Visual Basic
(and/or.Net) in Manufacturing production systems
- Understanding of industrial network communication.
- RFID knowledge in manufacturing production is required.
- Good robotics knowledge - function and program.
- Ability to set-up and operate automated manufacturing systems
and associated equipment.
- Complete understanding of safe work practices and policies and
ability to work safely without presenting a direct threat to self
or others and compliance with all safety and OSHA regulations.
- Must be or become Arc Flash certified: must complete following
in 6 months or lose certification: --- Methods of release of
victims from contact with exposed energized electrical conductors
or circuit parts (Victim Release).
- Must be certified or complete certification in first
aid/emergency procedures, resuscitation/cardiopulmonary
resuscitation, and automatic external defibrillator (AED) use.
- Legal Authorization to work in the United States - Sponsorship
will not be provided for this role.Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement - decide to go back to school and we can
help pay back your tuition costs
- Mentorship Program - be paired with someone who wants to see
- SOAR - take your career to new heights with this employee
- Profit Sharing - you'll share in the profits since you are part
of this company.
- Activities to engage employee interaction (BBQs in the summer,
Donut Days, company picnic, community outreach, wellness contests),
which helps create and maintain a fun and interactive corporate
culture. You should enjoy your time at work.Why Work in Racine,
WIOur facility is located in Racine, WI which is conveniently
located within driving distance to Milwaukee and Chicago. The
area's generally low costs of living and is a great family friendly
area. The area is home to several growing communities with
restaurants, festivals, shopping, and lakeshore beaches that make
them exciting places to live and work.About our
LocationHeadquartered in Mount Pleasant, Wisconsin, InSinkErator -
is the world's largest manufacturer of garbage disposals and
instant hot water dispensers for home and commercial use. We
recently moved into our new modern headquarters and
state-of-the-art lab space that will facilitate continued
InSinkErator innovation and growth, enabling us to showcase the
leading technologies that we're developing here in Wisconsin. For
over 80 years, the company has delivered long-lasting innovative
products, with superior grind and sound performance, trouble-free
operation, fast, easy installation, and a We Come To You - In-Home
Keywords: Emerson, Racine , Automation Controls Technician II- 2nd Shift, Professions , Racine, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!