Facility Maintenance Technician 1st Shift 7a-7p Weekends
Location: Round Lake
Posted on: May 28, 2023
This is where you save and sustain lives At Baxter, we are
deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter,
your work makes a positive impact on people around the world.
You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we
know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients. Baxter's
products and therapies are found in almost every hospital
worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have
pioneered significant medical innovations that transform
healthcare. Together, we create a place where we are happy,
successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your
best work. Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining
lives- where your purpose accelerates our mission. --- This is a
Weekend Shift 7A-7P Saturday and Sunday and then two days during
the week. Your role at Baxter The Facility Maintenance Technician
demonstrates advanced skills in operating, repairing,
troubleshooting and maintaining the general facilities building
components, utility systems, mechanical and electrical systems,
HVAC systems and the related equipment at the Drug Delivery
production facilities. What you'll be doing:
- Must not be allergic to Penicillin or Cephalosporins.
- Responsible for daily maintenance activities in the production
or facility areas.
- Conducts preventive and planned maintenance activities as
- Assist in the installation, startup and preparation of
documentation for new equipment.
- Works directly with engineers to implement corrective actions
to eliminate recurrent problems with production equipment.
- Responsible for knowing and following all safety and compliance
requirements by maintaining cleanliness within work area, ensuring
proper hygiene in work areas at all times.
- Performs written documentation and regulatory recordkeeping
responsibilities as defined in the standard operating procedures
for equipment maintenance.
- Works in a safe manner always, encourages a culture of Zero
Harm, and is trained in Arc Flash, LOTO, Basic Electrical safety,
Ladder Safety, and other plant programs.
- Strictly adheres to Standard Operating Procedures and performs
accurate and timely documentation.
- Trouble-shoots, repairs and maintains a wide range of
equipment, such as: Robots, programmable logic controller (PLC)
systems (Siemens, Allen Bradley, etc.), vision systems, photo
eyes/sensors, limit switches, proximity switches, temperature
controllers, variable speed drives, motors, servos, pneumatic
systems, motor and machine controls, advanced electronics,
ultrasonic and RF plastic welders, leak detection systems, and
electrical systems up to 480v, 3ph.
- Performs basic jobs such as equipment relocations, crating or
uncrating of parts, mechanical adjustments and alignments,
identifying and ordering of spare parts, documenting all work,
clean-up before leaving job, attending relevant training and
- Participates in projects and upgrades. What you'll bring:
- Able and willing to work overtime when required
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Must be able to carry and climb 10
- Must be able to stand and work at two hour minimum
- Must be able to work in tight spaces.
- Must be able to bend/stoop, squat, climb, reach above shoulder
level, reach at or below shoulder level, twist and bend at the
neck, twist and bend at the waist and balance
- Normal visual acuity is necessary including the ability to
- Must have experience with basic hand tools and electrical
- Light machining skills not required but a plus.
- Ability to implement energy improvement projects.
- Must be able to read electrical and pneumatic diagrams,
knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics a plus.
- Show an active interest in self-improvement and training.
- Work with limited amount of supervision, have strong verbal and
written communication skills. -
- Good documentation skills and strong computer skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical, electrical drawings,
flowcharts, and/or other technical drawings.
- Ability to work under pressure and respond with a sense of
- Ability and willingness to expand knowledge and scope in
maintenance techniques and new equipment technologies.
- Availability to support plant's hours of operation.
- Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management System
(CMMS). Maximo preferred
- Electrical knowledge and experience with AC/DC motors and
drives, electrical systems up to 480V 3-phase, relays, switches,
sensors, valves, and servo motors.
- The incumbent must work in a clean room environment wearing
special garments. Additionally, personal protective equipment must
be worn due to safety requirements.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required, technical
certifications a plus
- Associates degree in a technical discipline or above a
- 3 or more years manufacturing systems experience preferred We
understand compensation is an important factor as you consider the
next step in your career. At Baxter, we are committed to equitable
pay for all our employees, and we strive to be more transparent
with our pay practices. To that end, this position has a salary
range of $33,000 to $76,000.The above range represents the expected
salary range for this position. The actual salary may vary based
upon several factors including, but not limited to, relevant
skills/experience, time in the role, business line, and
geographic/office location #IND-USOPS #LI-DM1 The successful
candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has
been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable
accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious
beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable
law. Equal Employment Opportunity Baxter is an equal opportunity
employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to
race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran
status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected
characteristic. EEO is the Law EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations Baxter is
committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations
to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical
condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for
any part of the application or interview process, please click on
the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with
your contact information. Recruitment Fraud Notice Baxter has
discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties
pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage
with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or
financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself,
review our Recruitment Fraud Notice . 090553
Keywords: BAXTER, Racine , Facility Maintenance Technician 1st Shift 7a-7p Weekends, Professions , Round Lake, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...